system.tag.browseTags on client tags

I have a couple of client tags under SECSGEM/Connection folder of the Client tags.

tags = system.tag.browseTags("[Client]SECSGEM/Connection") for tag in tags: print tag.name

When I tried to execute the above script in the playground, I got this error.

com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayException: com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayException: Unable to list tags, provider "Client" not found caused by GatewayException: Unable to list tags, provider "Client" not found caused by RuntimeException: Unable to list tags, provider "Client" not found

When I remove [Client] from the path, it doesn’t do anything.
If I don’t pass a path, I get correct tags list from its tag provider.

Does anyone know what I’m doing it wrong? I can read and write value from/to client tag but why I can’t browse doesn’t work?

My gateway is 7.7.2 (b2014121709)
Java 8 update 11

1 Like

Bumping this one. Can’t figure out a way to do this either.

Here is the reference: https://docs.inductiveautomation.com/display/DOC/system.tag.browseTags

The original poster’s Tag Provider was incorrect. “Client” was probably pulled from an example and was meant to be replaced by the actual name of the Tag Provider.

Cheers, Sean

But is it possible to use system.tag.browseTags to browse Client-tags in an application?

No. browseTags delegates to the gateway to enumerate the path you identify, as can be seen in the error you are getting.