Tab Strip, Tab Security

I would like to see security on individual tabs with in the tab strip and visibility. Then if you have not been granted access to it you don’t see it.

1 Like

+1

You can do this in code today.

I have created a screen that checks on opening if it’s on a mobile device and then removes (hides) tabs if it is. This could be very easily changed to check user permissions. (I’ll see if I can find it later today)

Of course getting the IA devs to write the code once for us all is much better :smiling_imp:

Yeah, been workin’ on one today in my spare time-- keyboarding with one hand and a sandwich in the other… :laughing: Hope to have something to share in a day or two.

Event handler for
InternalFrameOpen

if system.util.getSystemFlags() & system.util.MOBILE_FLAG == system.util.MOBILE_FLAG: app.header.mobileMenu(event)
app.header.mobileMenu

#adjust the tabStrip menu for mobiles def mobileMenu(event): import system menu = event.source.rootContainer.getComponent('Tab Strip').tabData headers = [] for c in range(menu.columnCount): headers.append(menu.getColumnName(c)) rows = [] for m in range(menu.rowCount): if menu.getValueAt(m,'NAME') != 'NotForMobile1' and menu.getValueAt(m,'NAME') != 'OnlyForBigScreen': row = [] for c in range(menu.columnCount): row.append(menu.getValueAt(m,c)) rows.append(row) event.source.rootContainer.getComponent('Tab Strip').tabData = system.dataset.toDataSet(headers,rows)

What this does is grab the entire dataset for the tab strip and then loops through it building a new one. If the row is a tab I don’t want to show I don’t include it in the new dataset.

So change the frame open event to check system.security.getRoles and the name of the tabs you want to not show and your done :slight_smile: