Table Background Color with any transparency glitch

When we use any value of transparency for the background color of a table, the table acts weird and grabs others parts of the screen and displays them inside the table. Below are two images. The first is how the table loads by default, everything looks fine, and the second is after selecting the 3rd row then selecting the 2nd row. You can see how it has grabbed the ‘Trial Timeout’ area of the client.

What I am attempting to achieve is to have a table with images mapped to values and text over those image mappings. The only way we can figure to do this would be to use two tables, one for the image mapping and the other for text transparently layered on top of the image table. If there is a better way to achieve this, let me know!

Ignition 7.3.4 (b599)

Unfortunately I don’t think there is going to be a way to achieve this. We are aware of the transparency issue, but currently there is no workaround for this.

That is very unfortunate. I’ll just have to figure out a way.

If the text has a finite number of states, you can always make images (png) with text over an icon and use those in the translation map.

The customer wants the entire system to be dynamic with minimal interaction when adding new projects. We have been able to achieve this on all fronts until this little obstacle. So, in short, there is not a finite number of projects.

The underlying table we use from Java swing doesn’t lend itself towards transparency due to how it renders the cells.

I think we’re going to have to attack this from another angle. What if we could get an image displayed in the background of a cell and text on top of it in a single table? The only trick would be how to configure the table to know what image to use for the cell background.

That is exactly what we need.
We could use the Image Path List (with Key Mapping) but allow the user to define which column (let's say an extra hidden column) the Key will be using for comparison.
In our case we only need the image to change for 2 different columns based on the value from 1 status column.

I’ve entered this feature request in as a ticket. We’ll update this thread when it happens.

This made it into 7.5.4

Awesome, now to wait for the customer to agree to the upgrade!