Table Control behaviour changed since upgrading to 7.3.3

This is not a request for help but rather a “heads up” for any of you that programatically manipulate a table control on any screen.
We have a fairly convoluted project that manipulates and selects various rows on a table based on a selection from another table. Up until we upgraded to 7.3.3 from 7.1.8 (yep we were a bit behind) our code worked perfectly 8)
Since the Upgrade there has been a niggling instance where upon first opening the page the table selection was only half working (as in the selectedRow value was being se correctly but the manipulations of the displayed data other than applying styles was not). This is until you had physically selected a row by clicking on a displayed value then the programatic selection would work correctly. I spent ages trying to track the cause of this (partly because we have numerous “invoke later” calls as the values are all databse driven.) :imp:
I might add that the table consists of a single visible column (+1 hidden with control values) and only 6 rows and was set to “row selection” only.
What I’ve found I had to do to overcome this difference in operation was to also select a column (.setSelectedColumn(1)) before it would work correctly.

I’m not sure if this was a “planned change” of functionality or just “one of those things” but I believe that the selected column is not being persisted when you save the page/screen/window/project where it used to be on the previous version (as in 7.1.8 anyway). Thinking about it… It makes sense NOT to persist it when the table is set to “row selection”. I’d still like to know if this is a bug or an undocumented fix :scratch:

Without getting a hold of the window in question and putting it under a microscope here, I can’t say for sure. It’s probably a side effect of some unrelated change to the table made between those two versions.

Carl,
Are you sure you want to see a copy of that window? It’s really convoluted, hence the detailed description in my first post. :open_mouth:

I can send you a copy if you’d like but would rather not just push it up here :wink:

It’s up to you. If you’re happy with your fix, then no, I don’t need to see it. If you need answers, then I’ll have to take a look.

The best thing to do in cases like this is to boil it down to the simplest possible case involving only the table in different window. We call this creating an SSCCE.