Table Foreground or Background Dynamic Color change via Python

I just posted a similar request for the same subject but altering background/foreground colors for a Listbox/ComboBox and received some great solutions. In this post I am looking for support on how to dynamically alter the backgroundcolor and foregroundcolor of a Table component. I have tried the "Background Color Mapping" method native to the Table object, but that is for static color mapping. My goal here is to populate the table with data from SQL. As part of my query I will be loading 2 columns (that will be hidden), one being the backgroundcolor and the other being the foregroundcolor. The data will be saved as a string in hex format such as "#368709". I then want to alter each Table row with the colors from the 2 columns as indicated above.

This is trivial with the configureCell extension function on the Power Table - you may want to "level up" from the regular table to that component.

Paul Good Morning. I cant remember when or if I've ever used the power table component. I have no problem switching to a power table if it solves my problem. I will have to do my due diligence to figure out the differences and capabilities. Nevertheless, I just dragged a power table object on my screen and copied the query from my regular table and it populated no problem. At 1st glance, it appears to have a lot less customizable properties, but I am assuming it can do more if it is called a power table. Thanks for your suggestion. I will have to do some homework.

The regular table has lots of customization built in - which gets you lots of functionality for free. However, once you reach the extent of that capability, that's it. You can't reach any further.

The Power Table, instead of offering as much 'built in', provides you with a suite of extension functions - these are your entry point to customization, and you can do far more with the Power Table than the regular table component.

1 Like

Paul, again thank you for steering me the right direction. With very little effort, I was able to resolve this. Here's my solution in case there's a need for it.

1 Like