Table Word Wrap

Is it possible to get my text to wrap in a table? I have a SQL query and I’m pulling in four columns and one of them is a note column that can get quite lengthy.

I have seen that you can put an in front of text to get it to wrap, but how would I inject that into a plain SQL query?

The query is below:

SELECT TStamp, Note, WhoID AS ‘User’,(Select Facility From Facilities Where ID = SiteID) AS ‘Site’
FROM Comments
Order by TStamp DESC

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

Hi

I did this once and I think I just put before the column name in the query so for you it would be SELECT TStamp, ‘’+ Note, WhoID AS ‘User’,(Select Facility From Facilities Where ID = SiteID) AS ‘Site’
FROM Comments
Order by TStamp DESC

The problem is that the row height won’t change so you will have to make them large enough to accommodate all your note text.

You could look at using the comments panel which will wrap and adjust row heigth

I am using the comments panel in a by area basis, but have modified it slightly to keep track of comments by area.

I am only doing this on an overall page to show all the comments with their associated site next to them.

That worked though - thanks for the help. Now how do I get my table to keep the column widths I want…

Hi

To keep column widths go into preview mode in the designer and set the column widths to how you want them on your table. Then go out of preview mode and go to table customizer and hit ok. The table should keep the column widths that you set from preview mode

Aidan

Thanks - I was just missing the last step!

Thanks - I was just missing the last step!