Tag CSV Export

I’m pretty new to Ignition, so please pardon me if this question is pretty basic stuff…

Last week I exported the tags in my database as a CSV file. Yesterday I updated Ignition to the latest version and now I can only export my database as a XML document. I can import a CSV file, but the export option seems to be gone. Am I missing something (very possible) or is there another way to do this?

Unfortunately I’m not too familiar with XML, but I can deal with CSV pretty well.

Thanks for your help.

You’re not missing anything - CSV export has been replaced with XML. The wealth of information that needs to be included for each tag has grown too complex for CSV.

Thank you, Kevin!

When I open the XML up in Internet Explorer it looks like HTML code. Is there a be a better program to open this file up with so that it formats it without all the <> tags, or is that just the standard way of looking at an XML file.

Sorry again if this question sounds extremely basic, but I haven’t had much exposure to XML and I’m just trying to find the best way of working with it.

I just use a text editor (microsoft.com/en-us/download … px?id=7973)

Thanks again, Kevin!

Since this is the new way to import and export tags. How is one suppose to manipulate these tags in an export. I used to be able to concatinate multiple fields on every tag, to a tooltip for a good descriptive mouse over,done in excel. Now with the new format of the tags(in tabular form in excel) after hour of trying, I can’t figure a way to manipulate them. Is ther a way that I can “batch” manipulate/concatinate values!?

I used to: HTML tag: “tag”
address: “Plc address”
description: “tag documentation” /HTML

Is there still a way to do this!?

Thanks!

Yes you can still do this, you just have to find the right XML editor for your needs.

Any recommendations of an xml editor program to make vertical columns out of the csv.(with properties as fields)?
After of a couple hours of installing a dozen different editors that aren’t useful. I found one, “Easy XML Editor” at edit-xml.com/easyxmleditor.htm. It looks like it gets me what I want, but it costs. It is only $30, chump change. But I was hoping and figuring there would be something out there, free/ opensource

Thanks!

Most of the free ones you have probably already tried, I have used Microsoft XML Notepad, I don’t really care for it. I did check out the link you posted and that editor looks pretty good! The other alternatives, in the free department, would be notepad++, sublime, or textedit.