Tag Historian Query ( Start Date and End Date )

Hi guys, I know that the tag historian query is generate based on the start date and end date. Thus, I would like to ask that it is possible to let the user insert the start date and end date by themselves which I will provide two date input for the users as the image shown below then I will pass the actual value that select by the users to the tag historian query module.

Image above is the Tag Historian Query module which the parameters of start date and end date will get the actual value that the users selected.

If the above method is wrong may I know that what is the best way to do it ? Thanks in advance.

Hi @tohhy-pm17, the first image is using Perspective and the second image looks to be using the Reporting module. Is this correct?

Is your aim to create a configurable report, or is it your wish to display historical data in Perspective (without the reporting module)?

Is not a wrong method, there are just configurable ways to call data, read the manual there can find good info Tag History Bindings in Perspective - Ignition User Manual 8.0 - Ignition Documentation (inductiveautomation.com).
I don’t understand if I’m understanding your problem but if you want something like generating data to do something with it you should read this: system.tag.queryTagHistory - Ignition User Manual 8.0 - Ignition Documentation (inductiveautomation.com)
But if you want data in a component just use tag history binding in historical time range

And then just binding start-end date on those fields to your datetime inputs.

From your other thread on the subject.

1 Like