Tag import export

importing a client tag previously exported on file: [quote]com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.sqltags.action.ImportTagAction$ImportException: Error on row 3: Cannot coerce value ‘Dataset [0R ⅹ 2C]’ into type: interface com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.Dataset
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.sqltags.action.ImportTagAction$CSVTagImporter.run(ImportTagAction.java:286)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.util.gui.progress.ClientProgressManager$ClientRunningTask.run(ClientProgressManager.java:544)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.execution.impl.BasicExecutionEngine$ThrowableCatchingRunnable.run(BasicExecutionEngine.java:526)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: Cannot coerce value ‘Dataset [0R ⅹ 2C]’ into type: interface com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.Dataset
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.TypeUtilities.coerce(TypeUtilities.java:1120)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.sqltags.action.ImportTagAction$CSVTagImporter.tagFromRow(ImportTagAction.java:393)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.sqltags.action.ImportTagAction$CSVTagImporter.run(ImportTagAction.java:194)
… 10 more

Ignition v7.4.2 (b953)
Java: Sun Microsystems Inc. 1.6.0_31
[/quote]

Looks like I’ve been able to reproduce the issue. I’ll talk with the Dev Team and create a Bug Report if need be. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

ok thanks.
i need to import a subset of client tags from another proj, but importing by file deletes all other client tags.
copy/pase from another opened designer doesn’t work…
…how can i paste a set of client tags from another project?
tnx

Well, if you open two designers you can copy and paste between them.

it doesn’t work for client tags :frowning: i use the latest version

Hmm, that works for me. Can you copy and paste within one designer? I know that makes a duplicate copy but just trying to see if you can do that.

:open_mouth: verified: i can copy and paste within one designer but not between two.

up :neutral_face:

Ok, how about this. In the designer choose File > Export… from the menu. Choose only clients tags and try importing that into the second designer.

i’m introducing some tags in every project and i’ve also configured client tag values in the existing ones.
if i import “Client Tags” any existing tag value will be overwritten.

…i think in my situation the only method is to fix the selective export of client tags feature or to fix the copy/paste tags from another opened designer.

Yes, there is a ticket in to fix that. We will let you know when it is fixed.

when i paste a client tag (copied from another opened designer) i get:

WARN [main-AWT-EventQueue-0] Error - clipboard busy java.lang.IllegalStateException: cannot open system clipboard at sun.awt.windows.WClipboard.openClipboard(Native Method) at sun.awt.datatransfer.SunClipboard.getClipboardFormatsOpenClose(Unknown Source) at sun.awt.datatransfer.SunClipboard.getAvailableDataFlavors(Unknown Source) at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.sqltags.dialog.TagBrowserPanel$TagBrowserActionHandler.canPaste(TagBrowserPanel.java:463) at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.IgnitionDesigner$Handler$2$1$1.run(IgnitionDesigner.java:1497) at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue.access$000(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

I believe that is a transient error that occurs when one tries to use the clipboard but another process has it locked. Does this happen all the time?

even if i read the latest version had some bug fixing in this direction, i still have the same problem :confused:

[quote]com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.sqltags.action.ImportTagAction$ImportException: Error on row 3: Cannot coerce value ‘Dataset [295R ⅹ 2C]’ into type: interface com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.Dataset
Ignition v7.5.2 (b1146)
Java: Sun Microsystems Inc. 1.6.0_33
[/quote]

So is this exactly the same problem again? We are looking into it.

There are two problems here.

1. Dataset-valued tags are not supported in CSV import/export
  2. Copy-paste doesn’t work between designers.

I’m looking into fixing #2

Ok, copying and pasting client tags between designers works in 7.5.3

yes it is.
tnx