Tag Memory overrides itself

Hello everyone, I would like to ask your help about something with tags of memory type.
Randomly, some tags of memory type (it comes from udt, for example) overrides itself and the information or value desappears, staying in blank or null.

I have 6 instances (from udt's) are equals, but it only happens with 2 or 3.

I don't understand why.

I have reviewed many options, but i can't find the cause

Must be:

but by magic it becomes in:

Thank you for your help

The green circle indicates that the instance is overriding that value. That can only be done from the designer or via script. So unless you are configuring tags via a script....

Thank you for your answer, I hope it is not a bug of software...

But I have reviewed everything, I don't have any script over those tags (those what change magicly)

I can't find the cause and the solution.

Hello again... I would like you help me about the same problem presented... I think this is a bug of ignition, because when I try to open a popup with indirect binding tag over udt parameter structure, ignition tries to write all tags of udt parameter. I have memory tags and they must be fixed but after to open the popup those tags take the "" value, and the information is erased.

I set those tags as read only and then I have errors because ignition is trying to write the tags. This is the way I found to avoid the tags were erased.

I need urgent help about this

I'm not sure what the problem is, it's all a bit confusing..

Do you mean data is being written to tags but you don't want that to happen ?
Then you'll need to uncheck the "bidirectional" checkbox in the tag binding configuration.

I need some tags of UDT be writeable, another not, but when I open the popup, write all the tags, even memory tags with fixed information and that is lost.

Are you indirect binding the entire UDT into a UDT property? If so, don't do that. Bind the members individually, with bidirectional only on the members that need it.

(Just don't use UDT properties. Ever. They have unfixable unpleasant behaviors.)

1 Like

If you need urgent help, then you should contact support (where they're actually paid to help you.)

This is not official support.

Ohhhh!!!! We will have fix a lot of screens... I hope that solves the problem.

Thanks a lot