Tag Paths from Component script don't match results from Expression Transform scripts

Is there something obvious I’m not doing correctly?

The two cases below don’t match:

CASE 1:
Script in a custom object “stationTagRoot” (Expression binding with Script Transform):

stationNum = 701
	try:
		tagPath = '[default]Plant/Line/'
		browse_result = system.tag.browse(tagPath, {'name':str(stationNum)}).getResults()
		stationTagRoot = browse_result[0]
	except:
		stationTagRoot = {"fullPath": "nope","hasChildren": bool(0), "name": "nope", "tagType": "nope"	}
	return stationTagRoot

The script associated with the onActionPerformed Event a button:
system.perspective.navigate(view = 'Sandbox Subview', params = {'stationTagRoot':self.custom.stationTagRoot})

Below is the correct behavior that I’m getting when the
{"fullPath":"[default]Plant/Line/701","hasChildren":true,"name":"701","tagType":"Folder"}

CASE 2:
Script associated with the onActionPerformed Event a button:

stationNum = 701
		try:
			tagPath = '[default]Plant/Line/'
			browse_result = system.tag.browse(tagPath, {'name':str(stationNum)}).getResults()
			stationTagRoot = browse_result[0]
		except:
			stationTagRoot = {"fullPath": "nope","hasChildren": bool(0), "name": "nope", "tagType": "nope"	}
		system.perspective.navigate(view = 'Sandbox Subview', params = {'stationTagRoot':stationTagRoot})

RESULT in a label in the Sandbox Subview:
{"fullPath":{"prop":null,"pathParts":["Plant","Line","701"],"source":"default"},"hasChildren":true,"name":"701","tagType":"Folder"}

The object put int the value of the “fullPath” key is not what I expected. The rest matches