Tag Polling Rate

Hi,

I have created a project in which, tags are configured from a CSV file. The base polling rate is given as 5 seconds (5ms) in project properties and the scan class for each of the tag is configured as 1 second.

However, my tag values are not changing after a second. It’s changing only after few seconds.

What could be the reason behind this.

Also, why there is a project level polling rate, when we have to specify scan class for every tag? Please help me in clearing my doubts.

[quote=“sudhamoorthy”]I have created a project in which, tags are configured from a CSV file. The base polling rate is given as 5 seconds (5ms) in project properties and the scan class for each of the tag is configured as 1 second.[/quote]What do you mean by the “(5ms)” ? “ms” usually means milliseconds, and that’s way too fast for typical drivers.[quote=“sudhamoorthy”]However, my tag values are not changing after a second. It’s changing only after few seconds.[/quote]This usually means you have overloaded the communications capabilities of the device you are communicating with. But not always. Look at the diagnostics page of the OPC driver you are using to see how much traffic it is generating. In some cases, a network packet capture may be needed.[quote=“sudhamoorthy”]Also, why there is a project level polling rate, when we have to specify scan class for every tag? Please help me in clearing my doubts.[/quote]The project level polling rate is for query bindings, not tags.

sorry…that was a typo…base polling rate is given as 5000ms (5 seconds) in project properties.

My CSV is a sample one and has only minimal rows in it.

Still the tags are not refreshing in a second.

Please help me in resolving this.

It sounds simple, but you really haven’t provided any useful information. Not even what driver or PLC is involved, or how it is connected. But first, as I said already: Look at the diagnostics page of the OPC driver you are using to see how much traffic it is generating.
That’ll will likely give some clues as to what’s going on. (# of requests, execution times, etc.) That might tell us something obvious. Or you might just need to call IA support and have them help you via remote session.

Thanks for your reply.

I’m using the default Ignition OPC-UA Server and the device is of type Production Simulator.

Please find the screenshot below. Am i pointing to the right place? (to check diagnostics page of OPC driver). Or should i check in gateway webpage?

I’m new to ignition. Please help me to have a better understanding on Tag polling.

[attachment=0]ignition opc.png[/attachment]