Tag provider issue when editing tags

I have been having some weird issues pop up occasionally where the tag provider wont show me any tags at all. It usually happens after trying to edit a tag. just now I tried adding a custom email message to a tag. when I clicked ok to close the tag editing window, it popped up a window that says executing task, then it errors out. after that is when the tag provider starts acting goofy in the designer. It doesnt do this every time, but I have to restart the server to fix the issue. I have also been getting alot of the executing tasks popup windows and error performing asynchronous tag errors. not sure if it is all related.

this is the error that it throws up:

com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayException: Gateway Error 60001: Error executing asynchronous task.
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayInterface.newGatewayException(GatewayInterface.java:279)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayInterface.sendMessage(GatewayInterface.java:249)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayInterface.sendMessage(GatewayInterface.java:214)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayInterface.invoke(GatewayInterface.java:656)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.sqltags.impl.db.DatasourceTagManager.editTags(DatasourceTagManager.java:379)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.sqltags.impl.ClientTagManagerImpl.editTags(ClientTagManagerImpl.java:271)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.sqltags.editor.TagEditorPanel$EditTask.run(TagEditorPanel.java:351)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.util.gui.progress.ClientProgressManager$ClientRunningTask.run(ClientProgressManager.java:433)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.execution.impl.BasicExecutionEngine$ThrowableCatchingRunnable.run(BasicExecutionEngine.java:520)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: Results for asynchronous rpc call were not received within the specified amount of time [60000 ms] for task ‘da05254f-2d46-461f-9cb8-0286d42883a8’
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.util.gui.progress.ClientProgressManager$RunningTask.waitForResult(ClientProgressManager.java:375)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayInterface.sendMessage(GatewayInterface.java:237)
… 15 more

Ignition v7.2.5-beta3 (b63)
Java: Sun Microsystems Inc. 1.6.0_23

Do you see anything strange going on in the gateway logs that correlates to these events? We’ve seen a few instances of the progress bar popping up incorrectly, but usually it’s harmless- just click close (the actual X on the window) and keep going.

It could be that some error really is occuring behind the scenes in the tag provider and it isn’t being communicated back through the progress system correctly. I have a faint recollection that something along these lines has been fixed recently, but I’ll have to double check. In the mean time, check the gateway console or wrapper logs and see if anything looks suspicious.

Regards,