Tag provider module doesn't remove folders on shutdown

I’ve developed a managed tag provider using Ignition SDK (based on ignition-sdk-examples/managed-tag-provider at master · inductiveautomation/ignition-sdk-examples · GitHub) and in the shutdown function there is the line:

managedProvider.shutdown(true);

which according to the docs:

void shutdown(boolean delete)
Shuts down and removes the provider. If delete is true, will remove all stored data for the provider.

The issue I’m having is that whenever I restart or reinstall the tag provider module, all the tags are deleted however all the folders and the entire folder structure remains.

For example when I ran the initial example from the github repo above, it created a folder called “Custom Tags” and despite completely removing any reference of that from my code it is still present even after restarting the module many times.

Capture5

I can’t right click and delete and I’ve tried using the scripting API’s system.tag.deleteTags, and heaps of other SDK functions to delete the tags but it’s not working.

Any help would be much appreciated

What Ignition version is this? I see an internal ticket (due to be fixed in 8.1.1) about managed tag providers not respecting the delete flag. It doesn’t quite line up with what you’re describing, but it’s possible it’s the same root cause.

That’s good to hear. I’m using version 8.1.0-rc2