Tag valueChanged event execution

Hi,
I'm using the tag valueChanged event to implement a process log: the process tag is a boolean variable read from an AB CompactLogix plc through an Ignition device.
My logic should be as follows: each time I see an OFF->ON transition of the variable, I add a process record in a table of an SQL Server database with its start datetime - let's say process X has been added; each time I see an ON->OFF transition, I "close" process X, by updating its end time.
The python script in the valueChanged event is:

if not initialChange and currentValue.quality.isGood(): if currentValue.value: #add a new process record in the database else: #update process end datetime
What it's weird is that whenever I restart the PC or shutdown/startup Ignition service or disconnect/connect the PLC, if the process boolean variable is true when the system comes on again, a new process record gets added: that is not right, because the process variable was already true and Ignition did not catch any transition in my opinion. I thought that if not initialChange condition was the solution, but it isn't.

Any suggestion? Is anyone exactly aware of when the valueChanged event is called on a variable? The event comment says

But I'm not quite sure

Thanks in advance, regards

Hi pgmo,

You should check also the previous quality of the tag value ,so the script could be:

if not initialChange and currentValue.quality.isGood() and previuosValue.quality.isGood(): if currentValue.value: #add a new process record in the database else: #update process end datetime

Best,

Andrea

I’ll give it a try,

thanks, regards