TagHistoryProps class in 8.1.7

I am working on a module that uses the class: com.inductiveautomation.gateway.tags.history.actor.TagHistoryProps. When upgrading from 8.1.5 to 8.1.7, this class was no longer available.

java.lang.Exception: Exception while starting up module "com.mymodule".
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/inductiveautomation/gateway/tags/history/actor/TagHistoryProps
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.inductiveautomation.gateway.tags.history.actor.TagHistoryProps

Where did this class get moved to and what dependencies do I need to update to get it to work in my module build? I believe this class is coming from the dependency below, but it does not seem to have a new version available…

<dependency>
            <groupId>com.inductiveautomation.ignition</groupId>
            <artifactId>tag-historian</artifactId>
            <version>4.1.0</version>
            <scope>provided</scope>
        </dependency>

Also, I heard it moved to com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.tags.config.properties.TagHistoryProps but still need to get the dependencies sorted.

It got moved into platform common at the new package location you mentioned. The SDK dependency is ignition-common, but you probably already depend on that directly or indirectly.

Ok, so I just need to update to this: <ignition-sdk-version>8.1.7</ignition-sdk-version> Thanks!

Yes, and you should also set the requiredIgnitionVersion in the Ignition Maven module config to 8.1.7 as well, which should immediately error or prevent someone from installing this new module on an older Ignition version, which won’t work because the package import will be wrong.

1 Like