Tags Ignore Audit Log

Is there a way to have a tag ignore the audit log? I have some UDTs with memory tags, these tag values are changed via scripting. Whenever the tag values change the audit profile will see it and insert in SQL. I would like the audit profile to ignore a group of tags. I didn’t see a way, curious if one exists.

Nope. You could run some periodic task that drops records from the audit log matching a filter, but there’s no granular control over what’s audited.

@PGriffith still no update regarding the possibility of avoid log certain tags? We have an handshake with the PLC that we don't want to log

Not at the moment. There's a feature planned for 8.3 that might cover this use case indirectly, but generally speaking folks want auditing either on or off, so there isn't a lot of demand for more granularity.

2 Likes

As you describe previousluy at this time the only solution is to run a scheduled script that "clean" all che unwanted insert SQL side!

If all you are doing is showing data in a table, you could also ignore the results by adding a where clause, using the specific tag in the action_target.

There is some metods to get the audit name of the current project on witch is running the audit?
There is someting similar for get the database connection info

connectionInfo = system.db.getConnectionInfo()
name = connectionInfo.getValueAt(0, "Name")

There is a possibility to get the table name from audit gateway configuration?