Tags not updating in the designer

I have a programmable device simulator and the tags are not updating fast enough in the designer.
I have one boolean that is set to have a value of
square(1.0, 0.0, 1.0, true)

If the cycle is 1 second or less the data doesn't get updated in the designer or in the HMI tags that rely on it

What may I do to fix this or what am I missing

Tag group for flasher

You are polling the tag at the rate defined in the Default tag group. The default rate for this is 1000 ms.

Create a new tag group with a faster scan rate.

Tag groups

Then edit the tag to use the new group.

1 Like

So this what I have set the tag group to be

But when I set the rate to speed less than 0.7
square(1.0, 0.0, 0.5, true)

I only get a steady signal
Am I still missing something

What's the base rate set to in the simulator?

Regardless, this is probably the wrong hammer for this job.
I wouldn't recommend driving any "production" logic off a simulator tag.

From the tag name, it sounds like you're looking for a "flasher". In Perspective, you really shouldn't use a tag-based flashing approach. Instead, use a style class:

Or if you insist on using a tag, so that flashing is globally synchronized, just use an expression tag with something like:
getSeconds(now(__someRateIntegerInMilliseconds__)) % 2 = 0
If the expression tag is set to 'Event Driven' mode, it'll run as fast as the refresh rate you set on now().

1 Like

I think you have misunderstood how the simulator works. Your square wave period is expected to be an integer, indicating how many cycles of the base rate it lasts. The base rate is an overall setting for the simulator.

3 Likes

So editing the base rate would do it!!

Thank you

So square signal is multiple of the base rate
square(1.0, 0.0, 0.5, true)
square(min, max, period, repeat)
Where period
Represents a period of time as a number of Time Intervals. The default value of 10 represents "10 Time Intervals.". So it needs to be a multiple of the base. 1000 ms is the default