Tags per OPC Connection

I’m wondering if there would be any benefit to creating some extra OPC connections (using OPC Classic) to help our OPC connection stability. We currently have about 750k tags/OPC Connection per gateway. Most update once an hour, some as fast as 15 min. We are using 8.1.3, but have had intermittent issues with loosing connection to our OPC server since our 7.9 days. So for example, if I made 2 more OPC connections, to the same OPC sever, and put 250k tags on each one, is this beneficial?

Thanks in advance.

It might make a little bit of a difference on the client side but you’d have to ask the server vendor about what kind of difference it would make on that side.

Thanks for the reply, I understand.

Can you give me some ideas on how to go about diagnosing OPC connection/subscription problems? I’m planning to install OPC rescue, (which I’ve never used) but beyond that I don’t know of any way to see problems.

Sorry I don’t know how you could go about diagnosing OPC Classic problems. Maybe someone else can chime in. I think typically you would have to rely on implementation specific diagnostics in whatever server you are using when it comes to measuring load or performance.