TCP Driver Ignition

Is there a way to connect a computer as a TCP Device in Ignition?

Please explain what you are trying to do. “TCP” is an extremely generic statement.

Basically what I’m trying to achieve is to setup my computer as a TCP Driver, then open up Putty connect it to my Ignition, to send text and see how I receive it on Ignition.

Should work. Try it.

I haven’t been able to make it work, I’m creating the TCP Driver on Ignition typing my computer IP Address and choosing an available port (6000), but I’m still getting “0/1 Connected”, and when I launch Putty I’m choosing “Raw” as Connection Type, typing Ignition’s IP and setting the same port I’m setting on Ignition (6000). Do you have any suggestions?

Unless PuTTY can act as a TCP server this setup isn’t going to work. Right now you have to pieces of software both acting as a TCP client and pointed at each other.

Ignition’s TCP driver is a client, so you need something to listen and act as a server that receives the connection.

That makes a lot of sense, I just tried a different approach by creating a server with a Python script and it’s working really good.

Huh. Thought it had a server mode, too. Can you tell that I never use it?