Template Randomly Disappeared

Hello,

I was just working on my vision project and adding a template to a few of the windows. All of a sudden when I reopen the windows the contents of the template disappeared and when accessing the template itself I get a “Template doesn’t exist” error.

com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.model.TemplateNotFoundException: TemplateInfo for template Status_Arrow was null.
	at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.model.TemplateManager.getTemplateInfo(TemplateManager.java:304)
	at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.model.TemplateManager.getTemplateInstance(TemplateManager.java:153)
	at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.designer.workspace.WindowWorkspace.openTemplate(WindowWorkspace.java:1872)
	at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.designer.model.navtree.TemplateNode.open(TemplateNode.java:128)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.navtree.model.AbstractResourceNavTreeNode.onDoubleClick(AbstractResourceNavTreeNode.java:266)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.navtree.NavTreePanel$MouseListener.lambda$mousePressed$0(NavTreePanel.java:656)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Ignition v8.0.5 (b2019101516)
Java: Azul Systems, Inc. 11.0.4

I know I can restore an older backup and export the template and import it back but I’d like to know why this happened in the first place and if it’s a possible bug it can be fixed for future versions.

Thanks.

If you look for the Template in question, do you see it in the Project Browser? We recently fixed an issue where resources could be converted to folders, so your issue might have been resolved in 8.0.6 (which is still in RC stage at this point). Updating to a nightly build or the RC should prevent this from occurring in the future, although please be aware that the nightlies and RC should not be used in production environments.

It is visible in the Project Browser hence I was able to click on it and get the error in my original post. When the cursor is hovered on it in the browser it shows the thumbnail with a question mark.

Hello,

I am also having this problem. My Ignition version is 8.0.6. Have you found what causes this problem?

Many Thanks,
Adam