Template repeater using dynamic dataset

Hello, I am very new to ignition.I have 5 buttons and every time i press a button ,a pop up window should appear with toggle buttons. The label on the toggle buttons is dynamic i.e depending on which of the 5 buttons i pressed, my pop up window should show different toggle buttons . Since i will be using more than 1 toggle button, i am using the dataset property of template repeater . I have written a script which creates the dataset for the repeater but i am not able to display the buttons

Hi, welcome to the forum!
I’m not sure i understand exatly, you have a main screen with buttons, and they all open the same popup which contains a few toggle buttons but each toggle button should have different labels depending on the button that opened the popup?
An easier method could be to just pass parameters to the popup with your open window script, but if you need to use the template repeater, can you show us how you’re building the dataset and the resulting dataset that you’ve built? And the configurations on the template repeater’s properties would make things easier to spot any mistakes.

Thankyou … I resolved my issue

What was the issue and how did you resolve it?

I am in the process of doing a similar process but my buttons will have images and grow from 3 button on a small end and 8+ on a high end. Any insight would be greatly apprenticed.

I think ta better question in this case would be: What's not working in your case ? What difficulties are you running into ?

Flex repeaters are powerful and versatile, and the use cases are endless.
So it's hard to give advice/insight without more details.

2 Likes

True. Still getting grasp of it but right now my goal is to see how can change an image and text as need on on each button.

I ma reading the docs right now and see if i can get it to work.

Most of the time, I end up using a script transform to transform the initial data to something that matches what the repeater's instances property expects. It's quite rare to get data readily usable.

A script transform will allow you to change anything that needs to be changed.

1 Like