Templates

I have exported several of my templates from one project over into another, but I get the following error on them. Not sure what to look at. The only -1 I have is in the style customizer.

java.lang.ClassCastException: Cannot coerce value ‘-1’ into type: interface com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.Dataset
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.TypeUtilities.coerce(TypeUtilities.java:1116)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.TypeUtilities.coerceNullSafe(TypeUtilities.java:704)
at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.binding.AbstractPropertyAdapter.setQValue(AbstractPropertyAdapter.java:210)
at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.binding.SimpleBoundTagAdapter.setQValue(SimpleBoundTagAdapter.java:233)
at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.binding.AbstractPropertyAdapter.updateValue(AbstractPropertyAdapter.java:248)
at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.binding.SimpleBoundTagAdapter.notifyTagChanged(SimpleBoundTagAdapter.java:486)
at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.binding.SimpleBoundTagAdapter.tagChanged(SimpleBoundTagAdapter.java:475)
at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.sqltags.project.ProjectTagManager.subscribe(ProjectTagManager.java:378)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.sqltags.impl.ClientTagManagerImpl.subscribe(ClientTagManagerImpl.java:385)
at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.binding.SimpleBoundTagAdapter.startup(SimpleBoundTagAdapter.java:140)
at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.binding.DefaultInteractionController.startupAdapters(DefaultInteractionController.java:312)
at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.components.template.VisionTemplate.startup(VisionTemplate.java:166)
at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.designer.workspace.WindowWorkspace.openTemplate(WindowWorkspace.java:3274)
at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.designer.model.navtree.TemplateNode.onDoubleClick(TemplateNode.java:133)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.navtree.NavTreePanel$MouseListener$1.run(NavTreePanel.java:556)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$000(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Ignition v7.6.0-beta4 (b1792)
Java: Sun Microsystems Inc. 1.6.0_30

Hi,

Could you maybe attach the template export to this post? It looks like something is maybe getting mixed up on a dataset typed property. It would be easiest to track down if we could just import and replicate it.

Thanks,

I actually spoke to tech support and it had to do with the import/export of the SQLTags and not really anything to do with templates.

That might be true, and we’ve fixed some issues with import that will be in beta 5 (going up this morning), but we didn’t specifically replicate this problem, so I can’t say for sure that it’s fixed. However, once the new beta is up, you can go through the export/import routine with your objects and let us know.

Regards,