Text Box Problems

Maybe this has been fixed in 3.3.1 but in 3.3.0 I found this issue. I have a screen with 3 text boxes , 2 drop downs and a table on it.

In the focus lost of one of the text boxes I have the fpmi.db.refresh command.

If I tab into or give focus to the box with the refresh command I can either tab out or click to give focus to another box and the refresh command works fine.

If i click into this same box and click out the refresh works fine.

However if I click into then tab out of the box the refresh does not function.

Is the text box consuming the tab? That is, is a tab character being entered into the text box? Perhaps it would be helpful if you told us the type of text box you are dealing with: Text Field, Numeric Text Field, Text Area, etc?

Under the INPUT tab in designer. The NUMERIC TEXT FIELD is what I am using. As I mentioned I NUMERIC TEXT FIELDS, DROP DOWNS and a TABLE on a screen.

In the following sentences TAB is the TAB key on the keyboard and CLICK is using the mouse pointer. The NUMERIC TEXT FIELD boxes will be called T1, T2, and T3.

Place mouse pointer in T1, CLICK, Now T1 has focus. TAB to T2, now T2 has focus. Type in a value. From this point you have two options, either CLICK to another field to give it focus or TAB to another field to give it focus.

SO now to reiterate the issue:

If in T1 and I TAB to t2, enter a value, I can either CLICK or TAB to another area, removing focus from T2 and the FOCUS LOST function seems to work fine. As I mentioned I have a little script in the FOCUS LOST of T2 that simply refreshes a table.

Now if I CLICK inside of T2 giving it focus, I can then enter a value and then CLICK on T3 give it focus and the FOCUS LOST function works.

Now if I CLICK inside of T2, again giving it focus, then TAB out of T2, the FOCUS LOST does not function.

Hope this clears things up. Have a great day and a nice weekend.

Yes, it is now clear what you are talking about.

I mocked this up here and cannot reproduce it. Perhaps the issue has nothing to do with the focus lost event being fired or not, but what you’re doing in the focus lost event. Try putting:

print event.source.name, "Focus Lost"

in your focus lost events and watching the console to convince yourself that the events are occuring.

Ok here is what I have in the Focus Lost of the NUMERIC TEXT BOX in question.

shiftdata = event.source.parent.getComponent("Block_table") fpmi.db.refresh(shiftdata,"data") print event.source.name,"Focus Lost"

I opened the console. It did not matter which way I entered and exited the NUMERIC TEXT BOX, the print command always printed to console. So that seems to say the focus lost event is firing, so if it is firing then how come it does not do the refresh when I click into the box and tab out of it, but it does it every time I use one of the other methods?

[quote=“Carl.Gould”]Yes, it is now clear what you are talking about.

I mocked this up here and cannot reproduce it. Perhaps the issue has nothing to do with the focus lost event being fired or not, but what you’re doing in the focus lost event. Try putting:

print event.source.name, "Focus Lost"

in your focus lost events and watching the console to convince yourself that the events are occuring.[/quote]

Ok this topic can be closed. I found the problem. I was rereading your responces and it trigger an idea. Here there was a defer check box checked and it was counter acting the numeric entry. Once I removed the check mark now it works fine in all aspects.