Problem has to do running java on a monitor with high DPI. I found my solution here: windows 10 - How do I run Java apps upscaled on a high-DPI display? - Super User
Windows 10 Solution:
- find your installation of java. Mine was installed here: ‘C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_162\bin’
- rightclick on java.exe → properties → compatability
- click "Override high DPI scaling behavior.
- change dropdown menu from “Application” to “System”
note: not “System (Enhanced)”
- repeat steps 2-4 with jp2launcher.exe
- open Designer and check results
- if results unsatisfactory, repeat steps 2-4 with every other exe file in that folder until you get the results you want.
The text size in Designer is small and hard to read.
Is the only way to increase the text size to decrease my monitor resolution?
The text size in the Designer used in the Inductive University videos is larger. I conclude that tiny text size is not a design feature of Ignition Designer, and I cannot find where to change it. Thank you for your time and consideration.