TextField Does Not Wrap Text

• There is no dropdown for selecting font family in perspective. Both in Styles and directly on a Text Field

• Text wrapping on Text Field doesn't seem to do anything. I'm trying this on a Text Field in a Flex View. I've tried both "break-word" and "normal" on the wordWrap property, which I also have in the Style I created. I have tried this on Label and wrapping works. Maybe this is intentional? Screenshot attached.

A post was split to a new topic: [Feature] Style Inputs Should Have Dropdowns

If you need to wrap the text, consider using the Text Area component - to my knowledge Text Fields do not allow for wrapping text.

I’ve broken your feature request into a different post so that it can be tracked individually.

1 Like

Text in Text field still does not wrap. Is there any solution to this??

Is there a reason to not use a text area?
A text field is, basically by definition, single line.

4 Likes

Technical answer: Text Field’s use HTML’s input type=“text”. In my research, this is just not possible with input type=“text”, and it’s highly unlikely that we would write a custom replacement for input type=“text”. There are two many behaviors that the browsers automatically with an HTML input for us to implement our own replacement.

I also have the same problem.

1 Like

I had this same issue and my work-around was to add a second label and placed it below the first. Now it looks like it wrapped, and it fits in the small area.

A Label component is not a Text Field component which is what this thread is about.

The Label component supports text wrap if you need it. The Text Field component does not.

1 Like