The Ignition client application opens with the following screen

Version 8 of the ignition client comes with a jre environment, I do not know why this interface will appear when you open the client. Any professional can provide some help?

Thanks

Looks like you are trying to open a current Ignition client with an old launcher and runtime. (Or you set the launcher to use the system JRE. Check that first.)

1 Like

The client is also downloaded and installed from the ignition server, the jre is also java17, but I don't know why it runs on java11.

This is the installation path

This is the jre environment that comes with

Not sure how to set up the jre environment for the client to run in
Can you tell me about it?

Somehow you are running that project with java version 11 (class file version 55) instead of the java version 17 (class file version 61) shown. That usually means the launcher config file has turned off the embedded JRE for that project. Open your launcher. "Manage" the project settings in the launcher.

Today the ignition service installed version 8.1.36, which resulted in a situation where all clients in the production line had this

I opened the settings screen and I don't know in which one to select the jre runtime environment

Hmm. It seems to not be exposed in the UI any more. Look in your vision-client-launcher.json file and make sure all of your applications have:

"use.custom.jre": null,
      "custom.jre.path": null,

I don't see anything about this file anywhere

The installation path of the software consists of only these files

It's in $HOME/.ignition/clientlauncher-data by default.

I set all the items you mentioned above to null, opened the launcher and re-added the programme, but this still happens.

and the default value is

"use.custom.jre": false,
 "custom.jre.path": "${JAVA_HOME}/bin/java",

And java11 is not installed on the computer

I installed the launcher locally on the server and running the program is also giving me a java version mismatch.
I am wondering if the runtime version downloaded when running the program is not correct, do you know where the runtime environment is configured for the client download?

Try clearing the launcher cache directory at $HOME/.ignition/cache/. Then also make sure your installed client launcher is the one from v8.1.36.

I uninstalled the launcher and deleted the .ignition folder, re-downloaded and re-installed the launcher from the ignition server, and it still tells me that the java version does not match.

You may need IA support to look at your situation. I'm out of ideas.

Was this a fresh install or a did you upgrade? If it was an upgrade, what version were you previously on?

Also, could you upload the client launcher log file?

launch_error_2024-01-28_09-18-06.log (30.7 KB)

It's an upgrade, the last version used seems to be 8.1.22

I don't see anything in the logs that stands out.

Can you navigate to \.ignition\cache\resources\runtimes and see what version of the runtime was downloaded?

Thanks for your help, have downgraded the ignition version to 8.1.31 and the issue has been resolved!