The NEW Next Driver Poll

We are currently working on this driver. ETA of roughly 2 months.

Wow. Great to read. We should be abble to make the customer wait for this.
First for beta. We have great specific MIB to try !

GE-SRTP
Ethernet for GE PLCs.

[quote=“NetNathan”]GE-SRTP
Ethernet for GE PLCs.[/quote]

Too bad SRTP is proprietary, it would make things a lot easier (and likely to happen) otherwise :frowning:

[quote=“Kevin.Herron”][quote=“NetNathan”]GE-SRTP

Too bad SRTP is proprietary, it would make things a lot easier (and likely to happen) otherwise :frowning:[/quote]

Sorry I missed your reply.
If this is true…How do TopServer and Matrikon do it??

[quote=“NetNathan”][quote=“Kevin.Herron”][quote=“NetNathan”]GE-SRTP

Too bad SRTP is proprietary, it would make things a lot easier (and likely to happen) otherwise :frowning:[/quote]

Sorry I missed your reply.
If this is true…How do TopServer and Matrikon do it??[/quote]

Reverse-engineering or shady back room deals :thumb_right:

Same way they do Allen-Bradley… And most other drivers with no public specification.

How about a Modbus serial driver.

I Think IEC 61850 would be the best option for now and future business.

Hi,

I think that in nowadays “energy efficiency” focus on all activities (industry, building, tansportation…), BACnet should be a good option too.
Beside this, the object and service orientation of BACnet would be a great match with Ignition UDT/Templating…

IEC61850 should be added

K-Sequence

A first vote for a Beckhoff driver.
Beckhoff uses a open protocol so that can be no problem for the Inductive team :wink:

Any updates regarding the SNMP driver?

2 Likes

Passive TCP driver. Or an option to choose between active/passive connection in TCP driver.

I have a handheld WLAN scanner IDM140WLAN from SICK, which I can’t use (I have just been on phone with the support), because scanner is also making active connection.

My vote would be for Opto22 or Beckoff.

An ADS driver for beckhoff would be great.

Beckhoff has a java api which you can develop your own driver.

Here are examples of that.

infosys.beckhoff.com/italiano.ph … ro.htm&id=

Regards.

Kymera Systems Inc has an SNMP Driver available for Ignition: marketplace.inductiveautomation. … oduleId=78

Can we get an update on what’s happening on the development front for drivers, any drivers in the pipeline to be rolled out in next version of Ignition?

Ignition 7.7 will include a new Logix driver that works with v21 firmware (as well as older firmwares). There’s no other drivers in active development right now.

Thanks for the update Kevin.

DNP3 is a must for Ignition to be used in electric utilities. I would really like to see a DNP3 driver.