The NEW Next Driver Poll

I am very interested in developing a DNP3 driver for Ignition.

I developed the SECSGEM Module that’s on the Module Marketplace: marketplace.inductiveautomation. … oduleId=52

Two weeks from now I will be gathering more information and looking into possibilities concerning developing a DNP3 driver.

Nick Mudge

I found out that Inductive Automation is planning to develop a DNP3 driver.

I would be interested in developing a different driver.

Nick Mudge
Ignition Consulting
nickmudge.info

[quote=“nmudge”]I found out that Inductive Automation is planning to develop a DNP3 driver.

I would be interested in developing a different driver.

Nick Mudge
Ignition Consulting
nickmudge.info[/quote]

Not sure how familiar you are with oil and gas, but kepware, universal server, and autosol all have specialized drivers that not only poll the devices, but also collect historical information out of flow computers, namely abb totalflow, bristol babcock, and Omni.

These are extremely expensive.

A totalflow driver where you could add the device thru scripting would be awesome. From what I know, totalflow probably holds 60-70% of the natural gas flow measurement market.

A modbus driver capable of doing 32 bit floats out of a single register(enron modbus) would be useful in the oil and gas market.

Just found this site 61850 stack in Java. Thought you guys might be interested in it. They just released version 1.0.

I’m not an expert and I don’t know if whether it is worth or what you can reuse of existing driver, but, Ignition Siemens Drivers implementation don’t support all the siemens plc models, but I think this library have wide support (seems to be the Java version of another library that has support for S7 300/400/1200/1500/WinAC/Sinamics/LOGO! 0BA7/S7 200 via CP243, according to this). It’s LGPLv3

[quote=“Robert”]Thought you guys might be interested in it.[/quote] I’m posting this for the same reason. Viability is not clear to me, but hopefully serve to you.

Regards

1 Like

+1 for IEC61850

Has anybody worked with Ignition and Emerson OpenBSI Bristol OPC Server (ObjectServer)? If so, how did you get Ignition communicating with the OpenBSI OPC server to collect real time data and the Alarms and events from ControlWave devices?

IEC61850 should be added