The start time is greater than or equal to the end time

4-5 times each hour (seemingly random intervals) i get the following error on my easy chart:

[quote]Exception: Error running query:
TagHistory(paths=[[IgnitionHistorian]nordlaks/produksjon/slakteri/blodelinje/rsw/pls/RSW1/regulering/outlet_sv], start=Mon May 06 14:58:31 CEST 2013, end=Mon May 06 15:28:31 CEST 2013, flags=0)@5000ms
On: RSW.Root Container.Left.RSW1.Easy Chart
caused by GatewayException: Unexpected error running tag history query.
caused by IllegalArgumentException: The query range is invalid. The start time is greater than or equal to the end time.

Ignition v7.5.3 (b1163)
Java: Oracle Corporation 1.7.0_21
[/quote]
As you can see from the error the start time is earlier than the end time.
Why do i get this error?

The tag is logged with default historical range (10 seconds), and 0,0 as deadband.
The easy chart query mode is closest value. The chart mode is realtime, 30 minutes.

I’m almost certain this was fixed. When you get a chance, upgrade to 7.5.8, which should take care of this.

In the mean time, if I recall correctly, it was related to the client query cache, which you could disable. It might have a bit of impact on performance, but with the range only 30 minutes, it shouldn’t be bad. The setting is found in the designer, by going to Configuration>Properties>Client>General, and then “Disable Tag History Data Cache”:

After changing it, you’ll have to save the project for the update to take effect.

Again, though, if you can upgrade easily (there’s no problem with licensing, I just mean in regards to your process), that’s probably the best way to go.

Regards,

We just upgraded to 7.6.2, and the problem disappeared :slight_smile:

Maybe a regression but bug is back, I’ve been getting it on 7.9.4.

"java.lang.Exception: Error running query:
TagHistory(paths=[prov:default:/tag:Tank_Farm/Adjusted_Levels/Tank_1_Adj_Level, prov:default:/tag:Tank_Farm/Adjusted_Levels/Tank_2_Adj_Level, prov:default:/tag:Tank_Farm/Adjusted_Levels/Tank_3_Adj_Level, prov:default:/tag:Tank_Farm/Adjusted_Levels/Tank_4_Adj_Level, prov:default:/tag:Tank_Farm/Adjusted_Levels/Tank_5_Adj_Level], start=Sat May 26 14:50:30 EDT 2018, end=Thu May 31 14:50:30 EDT 2018, flags=0)@1000ms
On: 1-Tank Levels.Root Container.Easy Chart
at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.gateway.QueryManager$QueryExecutor.run(QueryManager.java:324)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayException: Unexpected error running tag history query.
at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.gateway.TagHistoryQuery.execute(TagHistoryQuery.java:41)
at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.gateway.QueryManager$Query.execute(QueryManager.java:697)
at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.gateway.QueryManager$Query.access$500(QueryManager.java:670)
at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.gateway.QueryManager$QueryExecutor.run(QueryManager.java:321)
… 1 more
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The query range is invalid. The start time is greater than or equal to the end time.
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.sqltags.history.cache.SubCache.getData(SubCache.java:90)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.sqltags.history.cache.TagHistoryCache.query(TagHistoryCache.java:254)
at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.gateway.TagHistoryQuery.execute(TagHistoryQuery.java:35)
… 4 more

Ignition v7.9.4 (b2017082911)
Java: Oracle Corporation 1.8.0_151"

“Error running query:
TagHistory(paths=[prov:default:/tag:Tank_Farm/Adjusted_Levels/Tank_1_Adj_Level, prov:default:/tag:Tank_Farm/Adjusted_Levels/Tank_2_Adj_Level, prov:default:/tag:Tank_Farm/Adjusted_Levels/Tank_3_Adj_Level, prov:default:/tag:Tank_Farm/Adjusted_Levels/Tank_4_Adj_Level, prov:default:/tag:Tank_Farm/Adjusted_Levels/Tank_5_Adj_Level], start=Sat May 26 14:50:30 EDT 2018, end=Thu May 31 14:50:30 EDT 2018, flags=0)@1000ms
On: 1-Tank Levels.Root Container.Easy Chart”

I wanted to add there is an option on the Easy Chart to disable the cache for each chart, so other components are not affected.