ThinManager AppLink Path - Client Auto Launch

We are using ThinManager and can’t get the correct AppLink path for individual clients to auto startup the client. I have Vision Client Launcher installed on the RDS server that has ThinManger. Each client will also open different projects depending on where they are in the plant.

Right now I think I would use:
“C:\Program Files\Inductive Automation\Vision Client Launcher\visionclientlauncher.exe”

I would assume that I would need to pass parameters to it like it does from creating a shortcut on the desktop?

This is what I am currently trying:
“C:\Program Files\Inductive Automation\Vision Client Launcher\visionclientlauncher.exe” -Dapplication=App1%20Test

Anyone use ThinManger with the Vision Client Launcher before?

I don’t have experience with ThinManager, but the syntax you’re using for launching from the command line is slightly incorrect - you don’t need to have the -D before the parameter. Also be sure that the project has been added to the launcher as an application before launching from the command line.

Manual reference: https://docs.inductiveautomation.com/display/DOC80/Vision+Client+Launcher#VisionClientLauncher-CommandLine/Terminal

1 Like

Thanks that worked.

“C:\Program Files\Inductive Automation\Vision Client Launcher\visionclientlauncher.exe” application=App1%20Test

1 Like

I wouldn’t call this solved. I have tried this exact method to try and launch a Vision Client and it does not work.

I’ve added the application to launcher. Tried the path with and without “-D”. Copied the exact path from the application properties. Tried using a batch file.

No matter what I try I either get a windows error or Client Launcher error. The Client Launcher error states that “Specified Vision Client does not exist”. I’m aware it’s as much a Thinmanager problem as it is an Ignition problem, but this shouldn’t be classified as “Solved”

Its a two step process.

You have to set up app link and run client laucher to add the app first for each user.

1 - “C:\Program Files\Inductive Automation\Vision Client Launcher\visionclientlauncher.exe”

Run that first for each Thin Client and set the app.

2 - “C:\Program Files\Inductive Automation\Vision Client Launcher\visionclientlauncher.exe” application=xxxxxx%20xxxxxx

Then set App Link to #2 after #1 is completed.

Yep, still doesn’t work. This still shouldn’t be “Solved”.

Hello, having a similar issue.

I seem to have no problem running the Vision Client Launcher from a Thin Client, but when I specify the application I want it to run I get this issue:

I have verified that when ran from the command line that there are no syntax errors, the application runs fine, but when launched from a thin client this comes up.

Anyone ran into this before?