Time cut off on right of XYChart

I have an XY chart in Ignition 8.0.3 where I display the temperature of the last 3 minutes, but the time at the bottom right gets cut off. I tried to reduce the width of the chart, I tried giving it a margin or a padding, I also tried to set the overflow to visible but nothing seems to work.

Here I tried to reduce the width:

Here I tried to set a margin on the right but this also doesn’t work:

Am I the only one with this problem? or is this problem already fixed in Ignition version 8.0.4?

I hope someone can help me out.

Hi,

Add margins or padding won’t help because that’s applied the chart’s container, and not the actual chart. The chart, and various other components, are contained to normalize behavior and package their contents. Try adjusting the minDistance on the xAxes (xAxes[index].appearance.grid.minDistance). This sets the minimum distance required between grid lines. You can also try rotating the labels so that long labels do not get cut off (xAxes[index].appearance.labels.rotation) or making sure the labels wrap property is enabled (may only wrap spaces and not break word).

Hopefully that helps.

-Y

Thank you for your response, I tried adjusting the minDistance of the xAxis but that doesn’t seem to change anything.
I don’t know why.
The rotation does work but is not really what i’m looking for.

Hope you can help me out.

I’m still struggling with this problem, I think this is a bug in Ignition.
Is there anyone else with this problem or does anyone know a solution to this?

I hope someone can still help me out.

It has been 4 weeks and I still don’t have an answer to my question. Even if the answer is that there is a bug in Ignition and you are working on it I would be satisfied.

I hope to hear from you.

Kind regards,
Mikal

Hi Mikal,

Sorry for the delay, and sorry to hear that you are still having issues with this. Adjusting the minDistance will not do anything if it already meets the min distance requirements. Try lowering the value to see if it helps.

-Y

Also, it's important to note that while this is an official forum, it is not an official avenue for support. If you need a response to a question, you should get in contact with our actual support department.

1 Like