Time series chart, how do i use historical data if I require an indirect tag

By DB, do you mean your SQL database/history provider?
By local, are you talking about the Internal Historian history provider?

I'm not sure what you're talking about here, aren't we trying to add pens to the Power Chart?

It’s a db running on the same server. I noticed in the docs them referencing a DB Tag Historian, I’m assuming it’s how one connects to a remote db. I only have the Tag Historian. So when I add a tag it has the opc, memory, query, etc. When I browse it’s only what’s on the opc-ua server. My assumption is the histprov is something tied to DB Tag Historian. My history is kept in a db, just locally.

So you have a (local) database that you have a connection to in Ignition, and that connection also has an associated Tag History Provider created for it?
If that’s the case, then you can use the in-built tag browser tool in the Power Chart to add tags to the chart. The tree will look similar to the opc-ua tag browser, but the root path should start with:
[DB name] --> [gateway_name:default]

Can you add a screenshot of what the browse tags dialogue shows in the Power Chart?

It shows my tags just fine, the provider is default, I just need to be able to assemble that tag based on params to the view. I’m trying a dictionary with the Tag Path and Alias in the expression without any luck.

If you add a tag using that tool, does it show the history correctly for that tag?

Yeah, I have a crap ton of scripts that query those tags for reporting all the time. Even using a direct tag in the chart gives me a dataset with the history no problem. It’s just dynamically generating the direct tag that all the spaghetti I’ve thrown against the wall I can’t get anything to stick.

So once you have a tag added and it’s working, go back to the props.pens[x].data.source property and check what the value is. Then simply copy the value, bind it to an expression, paste in the value, and replace what needs to be made dynamic with references to your other custom propeties

tried, it’s just a normal looking tag, [default]303-10316/SuctionPressure, no need for the histprov stuff.

Are you sure that you have a history provider created?

Yep, getting history from it np, but only when using direct tags and not expression.

Finally have something working, it’s pretty weird, but at the end of this doc page it explains it. Basically you need to create customer arrays of objects that are values with aggregate, alias and path and the data property in the pen points to that property. It works, just not clean.Thx, jake

historical tag binding

Hi @nminchin.

My problem seems related.
I have power chart with different pens. The format path is:
format

But for use on a table I need tag path on a different format: “[default]Instantaneas/Meteorologicas/Norte/TEMP_AMBIENTE”

How could I adapt it? I do not clear about diferences.

Thanks

So the history will give you past written data, the default I’m assuming will just generate the points as they come in from the time the chart is displayed. If you have the historian use it for a full chart. If I’m understanding your question, please let me know if I’m not.