Time series chart, how do i use historical data if I require an indirect tag

I have a time series chart, I’m assuming I’m using the proper one. I’m coming from vision and was using the easy chart. When I try to use the tag history on the data binding I can only do a direct tag, no possible way for that, or an expression. I’m not opposed to the expression, but not sure what I need to put in here. I will have 5 different pens, all will have a param to the tag udt, one will also have a tag in the udt used to complete the full tag name. Any thoughts on this, the documents are extremely vague.Thx, Jake

The “equivalent” Easy Chart in Perspective is the Power Chart, but it has some extras that the Easy Chart doesn’t have, such as built-in support for adding ad-hoc tags and changing their and axes config etc.

In either case the XY Chart case, you need to use a Tag History binding on the data object in the series array:
As in the table you fill out for direct tag paths, you need to provide the same table headings when using an expression for the tag paths. Specifically, you need to provide an array of dictionaries with keys:

• path
  • alias
  • aggregate

See the documentation (see section at the very bottom):
https://docs.inductiveautomation.com/display/DOC80/Tag+History+Bindings+in+Perspective

Ah, that’s the ticket, I’ll try that out.Thx, jake

So I have the chart up with no errors finally, went with power chart. It’s not showing any of the pens. It shows the range correctly, hour into the past and now. The x shows like 5 seconds of marks, y 0 - 100, but no pens. Clicking on the settings show the pens and such during runtime. Any thoughts? Thx, jake

There is a short video on Indirect Bindings & Power Charts. Not sure if it applies to your application.

https://www.inductiveuniversity.com/videos/power-chart---indirection/8.1

so I’m using tag(’[scada]’ + {views.params.Unit} + “/SuctionPressure”), is that something that would work?T?hx, Jake

I’m not sure where you’re “using” the tag(...) function, but this function will read the value of the tag and returns a QualifiedValue object. You’ll need to hand it the tag path as a string

I’ve tried a few things:

[scada]303-10316/SuctionPressure
[default]303-10316/SuctionPressure
[~]303-10316/SuctionPressure
histprov:scada:/drv:default:/tag:303-10316/SuctionPressure
bunch of different hisprov stuff, everything throws errors, histprov always errors at first colon, seems if I didn’t have to use indirect tags everything would straight forward like vision, just not sure what the expression is looking for. Also, if I use just a tag name it says it needs to be an array.Thx, Jake

Where are you putting this into?
For the Power chart, it should go into the prop:
props.pens[x].data.source
and should be in the format:
histprov:<INSERT>:/drv:<INSERT>:default:/tag:<Tag path>

The easiest way is to add a tag using the inbuilt tool (in runtime) and then modify the config of it

That’s where I have my historical binding, what should the driver be? Maybe that’s where my failure is. Found a video for ignition-trainer, but not sure what that it. It’s a mysql db, but that video had it after histprov:.

Use the in-built tool to add a single tag and edit that.
histprov should be the name of your SQL connection
drv should be a combination of your gateway name and … something else, usually ‘default’ e.g. gateway-name:default

What type of tag, the query tag doesn’t give me a path. I know the provider is scada. The group I think is Default Historical I believe.

Does this help? You don’t need a historical tag binding on the power chart

In quotes it says the historical binding tags must ref an array, without the quotes it says the : after histprov is no good.

‘histprov:MySQL:/drv:scada:default:/tag:303-10316/SuctionPressure’

can you add a screenshot similar to mine of what you’ve got?

I think i see the issue, I don’t have the db tag historian, just the tag historian, it’s never caused an issue before. Here’s a screenshot

You’re binding the source (string datatype) to the result of a tag history binding (an array of objects datatype). Have a look at my screenshot again. You need to bind the tag path made up of the format I mentioned above as a string to the source, not a tag history array.

Still getting no data when it’s just an expression. When I use the direct tag the history comes through like a champ, so it’s there and working just fine, they just need to add the indirect tag support, it seems like, that vision had in easy chart.

Did you try as I suggested and add a tag using the in-built tool?

Since the db is local and I only use the tag historian I’m unable to add tags to the db in such a fashion.