Time Stamps from Different Time Zones

I have FactorySQL running on a PC in Georgia. The FactorySQL PC clock is set to Eastern Time or GMT-5.
The SQL Database where the data is sent to is in Washington State Pacific Time or GMT-8.
When I view the data in FactoryPMI, it is shown using the Pacific Time Timestamps.
The communication between the two locations works very well, and no data is lost even when caching at FactorySQl for many hours when the link is broken.

My question is:
Do I need to change a setting somewhere in the data collection portions, or is it a setting in the PMI app when I view it?

I’m new to this and not familiar with the SQL DB portion, but I could get an IT person involved if it goes over my head.

Thanks

I have 2 followup questions:

1. Where is the FactoryPMI Gateway?
  2. Where are the clients launched?

I developed the PMI app on the itspare_process PC located in Washington. The following is the link I sent to each user: (it probably won’t work for you unless you are inside our company network. I just wanted to show you what I got)

itspare_process:8080/gateway/lau … ding1.jnlp

Both the clients in Georgia and in Washington display the same results when linking to the above shown app.

I’m currently in Wa and am connecting through our company’s VPN to Georgia where I RDP to the PC in Georgia. I am assuming the displays I see on that pc would be the same as if I was physically in GA using that computer in person. The pc’s in each location have their respective clocks set to the timezone where each is located.

Having said that, the apps are located in the following.

SQL database in WA (absdata1)
FactoryPMI in WA (itspare_process) operating in Trial Mode
1 - FactorySQL in WA (itspare_process)
1 - FactorySQL in GA (vm-js-process)

Thanks
Rollie

As of FactoryPMI 3.3.1, all FactoryPMI clients by default emulate the timezone of the Gateway they are connected to. You can override this by setting the project property “Time Zone” from “Gateway Timezone” to “Client Timezone”

And just so it’s clear, when groups insert records with the current timestamp, it’s actually using the “CURRENT_TIMESTAMP” keyword, and thus the time on the database (it’s a bit trickier with caching, but the same result).

If you want to use the timestamp at the local machines, you can de-select the “store timestamp” option on the group, and then create an action item whose expression is “CurrentDateTime()”, without quotes, and have it write to the t_stamp column instead.

Regards,

Thanks Colby and Carl,

I will get together with my IT guy and use your information.

Rollie