Timer Script Enhancements

The flexibility and usability of Timer Scripts would be enhanced if they:

1. Could be launched at a specific time of day
  2. Had a repetition setting that could be set for days, hours, minutes, or seconds

This would better align this functionality with industry norms.

Yeah, that’s a good idea, and one that we’ve also had for a while in regards to groups. We probably should have a consistent scheduling/timing interface across all the different parts of the system.

Some other people here my beat me up for saying this, but [size=50]we’ll see what we can do for 7.3[/size]

Regards,

Hummm, if so, maybe you could add the possibility to enable/disable a script… :slight_smile:

Yeah, I think there should be a variety of improvements made, such as better visibility of the script status (maybe a node under the resource tree or something).

Short of that, though, it should be possible to easily disable them. It makes sense to be able to work on them or test new ideas without them running all of the time.

Regards,

It would be nice to hace an expansion on the tree that would show the scripts and their status.

Maybe something similar to the transaction groups.

[quote=“Colby.Clegg”]Yeah, that’s a good idea, and one that we’ve also had for a while in regards to groups. We probably should have a consistent scheduling/timing interface across all the different parts of the system.
Some other people here my beat me up for saying this, but we’ll see what we can do for 7.3[/quote]
Is this going to make the cut for 7.3?

Sadly no, not for the initial release. HOWEVER, since this is one of those requests that is getting to be something of a joke (not in a funny way, but in a “oh ha, yeah, someone else wants that”), I think it’ll get worked in soon, in the 7.3 line.

I’ll make it a point to work on that in a few weeks after things calm down.

Regards,

[quote=“Colby.Clegg”]Sadly no, not for the initial release. HOWEVER, since this is one of those requests that is getting to be something of a joke (not in a funny way, but in a “oh ha, yeah, someone else wants that”), I think it’ll get worked in soon, in the 7.3 line.

I’ll make it a point to work on that in a few weeks after things calm down.[/quote]Hoping this was going into 7.4. Just letting you know that it is still needed…