TopServer OPC UA Fail Connection

Hi everyone,

I tried connect TopServer V.6.8.797 but show ‘Faulted’. Ignition version 8.0.12. OS Win7 x64.

FAULTED
status=Bad_CertificateUriInvalid, description=The URI specified in the ApplicationDescription does not match the URI in the Certificate.

UaException: status=Bad_CertificateUriInvalid, message=The URI specified in the ApplicationDescription does not match the URI in the Certificate.
at org.eclipse.milo.opcua.stack.core.util.CertificateValidationUtil.validateApplicationUri(CertificateValidationUtil.java:326)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.opcua.client.ClientManager.initializeObject(ClientManager.kt:123)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.opcua.client.ClientManager$initializeObject$1.invokeSuspend(ClientManager.kt)
at kotlin.coroutines.jvm.internal.BaseContinuationImpl.resumeWith(ContinuationImpl.kt:33)
at kotlinx.coroutines.DispatchedTask.run(DispatchedTask.kt:56)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

8.0.12 (b2020042115)
Azul Systems, Inc. 11.0.6

Could you help me this issue?
Thanks!

This means the certificate returned by TopServer either has an invalid application URI in it or it actually doesn’t match the application URI in the EndpointDescriptions returned by the server.

Typically with KEPServerEx/TOPServer it’s due to a bug in older versions that didn’t URL encode some characters, causing it to be invalid. You can usually regenerate the certificate in KSE/TS to fix this.

Hi Kevin, thanks.
When you say “older versions” is for Ignition or TopServer version?

Older versions of Kepware and TOP Server had this bug. If this is an upgraded installation from older versions this is not surprising. If you have newly installed this instance of TOP Server then maybe it’s a different issue.

Hi Kevin I regenerate the certificate in TopServer and now is working properly. Thanks for your support!

TOP_Server_OPC_UA_Certificate_Exchange