Transaction Group Error

Both of my tables in the transaction groups are erroring out. The first one says “Error forwarding data: Failed to read auto-increment value from storage engine.” The second table says “Unable to store data to quarantine.”

Let me know if you need more info. Thanks!

Hi,

A few more details could help:

1. Which database system are you using?
  2. How are your groups set up? (Insert? Update?)
  3. Could you perhaps zip up and attach here the “wrapper.log” file in “{InstallDir}\logs”. That would let me see the full error.

Regards,

Thanks for your quick reply. MySQL Database Table action is selected for “insert new row”.
I will have to get the wrapper.log file to you in the morning.

Thanks!

Was this an existing table in mysql? I searched google for that error, and it seems to be fairly common, though with a variety of causes.

You might do a quick search and see if anything rings a bell, there was a problem with a version of MySQL 6.0, with NDB cluster, the auto incrementing field might have reached it’s limit, etc.

Or was this a new table created by Ignition?

Regards,

Hi Colby,
These were existing tables in MySQL 5.1.
I attached the wrapper.log file for your review.

Thanks again for your help.
wrapper.log (408 KB)

Hi,

That log is filled with errors from the mysql storage engine on an operation to update the external tags stats, which happens every second or so. Basically, I think it indicates that something is very wrong with your mysql installation.

I would try to look at the mysql logs (you should be able to see them in the mysql admin console). There are probably many things that could be causing this, searching google for the error message (“Got error -1 from storage engine”) might help give you some ideas. I found this post, which indicates that the error can be caused by something as simple as the hard drive being full - have you checked that?

Regards,

Yes plenty of hard drive space 340GB.
Thanks for your help.

Are the tables MyISAM? If so, you might go into the MySQL administrator and try running the “check tabe” or “repair table” command. If InnoDB, you should look in the MySQL error log for messages about corruption. Also, look at the logs near the most recent startup, and see if they mention anything about “innodb_force_recovery” being set (I believe it prints out a big warning message about that). It’s very unlikely, but that’s another one of the problems/solutions I saw when searching around.

Regards,

Hi Colby,

I have attached the error log file from the server logs in the MySQL Admistrator. It does show innodb_force_recovery is on. Is this something I need to call MySQL tech support for?

Thanks.
ErrorLog.txt (40.1 KB)

Hi,

Well, the question would by why it was turned on- it is generally only used to try to recover corrupted data temporarily, or as much as possible, for export, so that it can then be imported back/recovered into a new database. You are certainly not expected to run with it enabled, and as you see, the database becomes very strange.

So, the question basically is, was the database file corrupted, and was someone trying to recover it?

You can easily disable it, simply stop mysql, locate “my.ini” in the mysql install directory, edit it, and remove the line setting “innodb_force_recovery”. Then restart mysql. However, if the data file is actually corrupted, you might run into other problems.

If you have access to mysql tech support, they might be able to help you get things sorted out. If you’re just trying to test Ignition or get going on some project, it might be easier to just install another copy of mysql on a different computer, or side by side (when you install, pick a different directory, and then as part of the configuration, pick a different service name and port).

Hope this helps,