Transaction Group Handshakes

I am using the transaction group success handshake and failure handshake features. I get a success trigger even thought in the events box I have an idication of an error writing to a plc tag. The error is because the plc type is string and I am writing an integer. I will fix this when the plc is offline. The point is, why do I get a success handshake when there is an error?

Hi,

How is the tag being written, through db->opc mode, or through an expression tag? Is the group set to update a row, or insert a new row?

It sounds like the write error is simply not triggering the “failure” condition correctly, but I’d like to narrow down the setup first.

Thanks,

I am writing to the plc tags using triggered expression items as part of a recipe transfer. Mode is set to bd to opc, the group is set to add a row, but I don’t see how this matters as I have the opc group items set to read only. I am sorting the database through the triggered expressions and pointing the expression results to the opc group items. The opc group items are sql tags that point to the plc tag.

Ok, I’ve confirmed that write failures are not currently triggering the failure handshake, only “unexpected” errors are. We should be able to fix this for the 7.5.5 update.

Regards,

Hi Colby,

Do you know if this was ever fixed?

Thanks,
Steve

I’m sorry, it wasn’t. I’ve made a high priority ticket for this, it’ll be in 7.5.9, but I should be able to get an update to the sqlbridge module to you within a day or so.

Regards,

Great - thank you!

We are on 7.5.7 and were planning to upgrade to 7.6 within the next day or two. Should we hold off until this fix gets into 7.6.1? Or would the updated sqlbridge module be ok to install in 7.6?

The fix would be in both, and I’ll build both versions for you when I send it to you in a bit.

Regards,

Hi,

Sorry for the delay, here’s the 7.5 version (it will also be worked into the actual 7.5.9 beta 1). The 7.6 version will be part of the 7.6.1 beta 1 update.
SQL Bridge-module-7.5.9-beta1.modl (2.1 MB)
Regards,

Thanks again Colby - much appreciated