Transaction Group Max limit

HI,
I would like to know the max.limit of transaction groups that can be defined in ignition 7.8.4 version, having the license of SQL-Bridge module.

I wasn’t aware that there is a limit. Just how much processing power you need in your gateway.

Currently, installed system has more than 400 transaction groups and total around 80 thousand transaction tags defined, where 300 transactions /second executes.which are divided into 1 second, 5 seconds and 30 seconds execution timers.

I want to know for sure, whether the ignition can accommodate more transaction groups without degrading the performance.

Currently, the Ignition server is installed in VM environment with 8 GB of RAM and Windows server.
Sometimes the transactions group fails to execute with an error saying “Transaction Process was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as deadlock victim”

The RAM consumption of VM environment is around 7.72GB/8GB, I think the reason behind deadlocks might be the RAM resource starving.

But is there any other reasons behind the deadlock situations?

I forgot to mention that some groups are having output target as input paraments of database procedures and some are historian groups logging data to the database per second.

You have two or more transaction sessions trying to hit up the same resources at the same time. One session can wait for the other, and vice versa. Someone has to lose, and SQL Server chooses the loser.

Well, there you go.

I would also suggest that you definitely don’t have enough RAM set up for Ignition. When you chart the ram usage in Ignition, it should be a sawtooth that peaks below 90% of the amount allowed for Ignition and the bottom should dip below 50% of allowed. If you aren’t configured to use G1GC, do so immediately.

There is no limit to the number of groups you can have, but there is a limit to the thread pool used; extremely high concurrency environments may benefit from increasing this limit - talk to support.