Transaction Group Table Name Always "group_table" & Demo Expired

The demo shows a user simply typing the name they want and hitting save. When I hit save it jumps back to “group_table”. This is with MySQL and the default MySQL user and a valid database connection. Automatically create table is checked but the forced “group_table” table is not created.

Also, when I can get one running it’s often later stuck in “Demo Expired” mode.

MySQL 5.7
Ignition 7.9

Transaction groups won’t run when the demo expires. Automatic table/column creation happens when it runs.

Reset the 2hr demo. If you are on a licensed server, check your license for the “SQL Bridge” module.

I am using the demo and have reset the counter but there seems to be a disconnect of some kind in the way the Transaction Groups check for the demo mode.

So when that is not happening (restart everything) and the Transaction Group runs its also not creating the table and even when it is not running I cannot change the table name. The automatic table/column creating is not happening.

Everything is currently the default Ignition password and then default MySQL passwords. The connection shows valid and I tried resting the password. Ignition is not reliable creating the tables.

I would double check your permissions on your MySQL account. It may be able to connect but may not have the permissions to create new tables. I haven’t used MySQL much though so I’m not sure how those are setup by default. I would also check the gateway logs for errors to see if anything is called out there.

It’s using the default “root” MySQL account and as best I can tell all is enabled with it. It’s the only MySQL account used. ???

The log has an error when I try to start the group:

java.lang.AbstractMethodError: com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.getSchema()Ljava/lang/String;

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.db.schema.DBTableSchema.refreshTableState(DBTableSchema.java:187)

at com.inductiveautomation.factorysql.groups.AbstractTableItemGroup.checkTableStructure(AbstractTableItemGroup.java:166)

at com.inductiveautomation.factorysql.groups.AbstractTableItemGroup.prestartCheck(AbstractTableItemGroup.java:115)

at com.inductiveautomation.factorysql.groups.AbstractGroup.startExecution(AbstractGroup.java:266)

at com.inductiveautomation.factorysql.ProjectRunner.loadGroupResource(ProjectRunner.java:358)

at com.inductiveautomation.factorysql.ProjectRunner.loadProject(ProjectRunner.java:284)

at com.inductiveautomation.factorysql.ProjectRunner$1.run(ProjectRunner.java:204)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.execution.impl.BasicExecutionEngine$ThrowableCatchingRunnable.run(BasicExecutionEngine.java:518)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)