Transaction Groups executing faster than update rate

I had 140 transaction groups that were loading data to my database at the correct rate which is every 60 seconds. It seems that since I’ve doubled the transaction groups to send data to a second remote database they are executing about every 55 seconds.
I’ve already come across at least one duplicate time entry and this is not good for our data if we average each minutes value from several devices.
Anyone come across this?

I don’t go to the site often and remote access is not allowed so I won’t be able to experiment on-site for a little while.

Hi,

That is really very strange. We’ve never really seen timing issues like this, and certainly not faster. Has anything else about the setup changed? Is it a virtual machine? Is the database on the same machine, or a different one?

If the system clock was running faster than it should it would lead to something like this… but if the db was on the same machine, it would (likely) see the same time.

When you’re on site, the first thing to do would be to check out the statistics in the gateway under Configuration>Console>Execution. Find one of the groups in there, and see what it reports for last exec, next exec, and rate. If it thinks everything is lined up, there’s something strange going on with the system. If it’s obviously wrong there, you might want to play around with the group timing settings to see if there is any rhyme or reason to how they’re being shifted (I really can’t imagine this being the problem, but who knows).

Regards,

One database is on the local(site) machine and the other is remote. I am actually only seeing the remote data (until my next site visit) but the timestamp comes from the site machines Ignition. Thanks Colby, I will check what you suggested out in the next week or so.

I found that the tag that was supplying the timestamp of the SQL Update was set to a scan class of every 55 seconds! :neutral_face: So while the system was working perfectly, it appeared that it was collecting data early. I thought it was weird too, thanks for the input.