Transaction Groups: SQL server returned incomplete repsonse

I am using Ignition version 7.8.4. We had to shutdown the server for a power outage. When it came back up 5 of the 18 transaction groups are failing. The error I get is; Error forwarding data: SQL Server returned an incomplete response. The connection has been closed. I am connected to MS Sql Server 2008 R2 Standard. I have tried rebooting both the database server and the Ignition server as well as just the gateway. Every time I change something a different number of transaction groups are failing all with the same error.

I’ve seen ‘incomplete response’ errors before, but it’s been a long time. If I recall correctly, the database was under extra load for some reason, and queries were taking extra long to process. Which tripped a query duration limit in the database that was chopping off the connection. Check if your database is enforcing a low database query duration.
Also consider disabling your transaction groups then re-enabling them one by one.

1 Like

Thank you, I think it was under a heavy load after coming out of the shutdown. They are working fine now.