Turn off Client updates

Hello,

Is there a way to turn off client updates after saving the project in the designer?

I have a habbit of saving every minute or so (habbit from my early Siemens step 7 days). It is rather anoying that the users either get pushed the update ar are notified. I rather update after a proper modification.

Any input is welcome!
Jarno

If you setup your project to be run from multiple servers, you can make updates on a development server (in trial mode if you don’t have a licensed server for the purpose) and when you’re ready transfer the project to the production server.

Can you please elaborate on this?

We have trial server for exactly this purpose. Do you mean that when a development is done, I can export/import the changes to the other server? The servers are currenlty not connected via the gateway network option, would this help?

Thanks for your help.
Jarno

Yes, you want them connected with the gateway network, and:

• Gateway scripts that should only run on production server should check that they are on production server before executing.
  • Development server should use remote tag providers connected to tags on the production gateway(s) and with the same name as the tag providers on the production gateway(s). This means you probably don’t want to use the “default” name for any tag providers.

There may be some more things to consider, but these are what come to mind immediately. When you want to transfer changes from dev gateway to production, either backup/restore the project (not the whole gateway), or use EAM to transfer it.

1 Like

Thank you for the quick answers, we will set it up accordingly and test it.

Regards,
Jarno

1 Like