In development of template for udt, it’s possible to use two different way to pass value from a instance of udt to template. You can add a parameter and select udt as type, or you can add string parameter to use to pass tag path.
I would yours opinion on what is better to use in development of template UDT parameters or indirect tag.
I drawn up a list with pro e cons of both
- one whole object with all subtags;
- Subtags accessible as property
- simplicity to combine different subtag in expression binding
- It depends of a specific tag provider, there isn’t “shared” tag provider;
- Slower then indirect binding;
- Not general and it’s necessary to duplicate whene two udt definition have same subtags but different driver protocol;
- Faster than udt parameter
- Better flexibility on udt with same subtag but udt different
- Better in shared, indipendent of tag provider
- No one object, link any subtag
- Two step to combine different subtag in expession binding
- No drag&drop