UIManager Being Ignored?

With Ignition V8 is UIManager still available to change the style of components?

I’m trying to get the button disabled text color to change and it just doesn’t seem to work… and I’m wondering if I’m doing something wrong. This is the code I’m using:

from javax.swing import UIManager
from java.awt import Color
UIManager.put("Label.disabledForeground", Color.red)
UIManager.put("Button.disabledForeground", Color.red)

I’m trying to turn it red so I know it’s working. However when the button is disabled the text color is still the light gray.

Any ideas?

Try these: http://www.javasoft.de/synthetica/customize/

The Look and Feel is now a derivative of Synthetica. If a property is not listed in there I’m not sure if there’s a way to change it via UIManager any more.

That’s what I was looking for I just couldn’t put it into words.

Thanks Kevin. I’ll poke through there and see what I can do.

Be aware that Synthetica does some optimizations for painting, so some properties simply aren’t available to be changed via the UIManager.

Yeah… I’m not seeing disabled text colors etc… so it may not be possible. Which can be a problem because the disabled color is close to an object color we are using throughout the project. So when the object becomes disabled then the text on the object is very difficult to view.

Were you able to find a solution to this? Setting up security and the disabled text color for unauthorized users is too light. Changing the background color is enough for me, I’d like the text color to remain black.