Unable to add gateway in Designer on Mac

I just installed Ignition 8.0.7 on a MacBook running Mojave 10.14.6. The attached image shows the gateway running on the Designer launcher, but I am unable to add the gateway to Designer because the button is greyed out. Any ideas?

By the way, I also notice localhost:8088 does not work in the browser (I get server not found). I need to put in the IP address:8088 to get the gateway page up. I don’t know if this is related.

I’m not a Mac user, but based on your last comment you could try manually add gateway and type in IP:port

Note that with manually added sometimes it’s necessary to do both ports, i.e. IP:8088:8043 (for 7.9 anyway, not sure if seem is true for 8.0)

Looks like you are trying to add a backup gateway. Try adding the master gateway.

1 Like

Looks like the local gateway is a backup as @jpark said. We populate that table via multicast which means you may or may not always see the available gateways on your network and may have to add the master manually. Remember to use the full [protocol][address][port] syntax which is different than 7.x.

Thanks,
Jonathan C