Unable to connect with MSSQL db

Hi eveyone,

trying to connect ignition with Microsoft SQL but not getting succeed.
I am trying to create connection.
Name - Batch
Connect URL - systemname \MSSQLEXPRESS

username - sa

Db name - Batch_process
But i am getting error as
“Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (This driver is not configured for integrated authentication. ClientConnectionId:7de7f731-f2fc-47c0-aea3-24709038261d)”

Prerequesites as
SQL browser running.
TCP is enabled and dynamic port is set to 0
sa login is enabled from sql
jdbc file is copyed into lib folder in C drive.

Still the issue persist. Any help would be appreciated.

This is because you are trying to use Windows authentication. You can try

5 Likes

Just an aside but you should create a specific user for Igniton to log in to your database and set appropriate privleges, don’t use sa as that has complete control over your database which could prove very bad if a nefarious actor was able to leverage your app.

5 Likes

Hi,

After every possible way of connecting with SQL, I am unable to do the connection.

I have did SQL auth file in ignition lib folder, then started SQL server browser and TCP/IP port is dynamic as per the tutorial in inductive automation. The recent issue is shown below.

Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (The connection to the host YPH1013467LT, named instance MSSQLSERVER failed. Error: “java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Receive timed out”. Verify the server and instance names and check that no firewall is blocking UDP traffic to port 1434. For SQL Server 2005 or later, verify that the SQL Server Browser Service is running on the host.)

@Sourabh_Ambildhuke Have you resolved this issue? I am seeing the same behavior.

Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (This driver is not configured for integrated authentication. ClientConnectionId:9f87ec03-edaa-4f50-a56d-7053ca6050ab)

This issue has appeared since our upgrade to 8.1.13

I looked at another server 8.1.13 server. It does not appear to be related. Still unsure what the issue is.

Did you take care of the DLL? You’ll note that the OP’s error message changed after that.

This might be helpful.

yes @brownja667 resolved by me, First I have to enable the TCP/IP enable from configuration manager, then give port ID for static as 1433 and choose 0 in dynamic port.
Then try to restart the db connection from configuration manager and see if that works or not.

Thanks
Sourabh A