Unable to parse theme at path `data\modules\com.inductiveautomation.perspective\themes\New folder\variables.css`

I’m running into an issue where a simple CSS variable isn’t usable. My file structure seems to be correct and I know this because this custom CSS file I placed this variable into also has other variables.

custom index.css

:root {
    --my-color: #FF5678;
    --my-other-color: #448798;

/* This box shadow property is not found!!! */
    --my-box-shadow: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.24) 0px 3px 8px;
}

I can use the colors defined above like so var(--my-color) and it works exactly how you’d expect. However, when I try to use the box-shadow property, I don’t get any box shadow.

Looking in the logs, I think I found the problem, but I don’t know how to resolve it…

Unable to parse theme at path data\modules\com.inductiveautomation.perspective\themes\New folder\variables.css

** another helpful message **

Unable to update cache for modified file 'data\modules\com.inductiveautomation.perspective\themes\New folder\variables.css' - cache for this library will remain unchanged

What cache is it referring to and how do I clear / reset it? There isn’t a folder called New folder, its named something different.

I would try restarting your gateway. Ignition loads theme information on startup, so any updates you make to the themes do require a restart to apply.

That’s what I ended up doing trying to solve an unrelated issue and it ended up resolving this one as well.