Unable to remove tag folder from Tag Browser in ignition 8.0.4

I have been transferring tags from the old v7.9 to the new 8.0.4.

I started with line 10 (name of folder is Line10_OEE) by creating tags manually to make sure it works first. Then I exported the rest of the folders from v7.9 (all folders named STM_line##) and imported them in the v8. I tried to rename Line10_OEE to STM_line10 so name is consistent, then the folder name changed but tag values all went to 0. I tried to create another folder with the same tag info and delete the whole STM_line10 folder. The tags were gone, but folder still shows up. When I try to delete the folder again, designer shows this message:

Is there a way to manually take out the folder STM_line10? I tried to add tags back in but the tag just read value 0 when the tag is reading correctly in the other tag folder. It also added this space that I cannot get rid of. I tried to restart the designer and tried from three admin accounts. Still don’t work.

If restarting the tag provider doesn’t work then restarting the gateway should. We’re still working out little kinks like this in the tag system. This one may or may not already be fixed in 8.0.5.

@Kevin.Herron
I restarted the gateway and even my computer. Still doesn’t work. Do I need to delete 8.0.4 to install 8.0.5?

No, you do not. Make sure to take a back up of gateway.

https://docs.inductiveautomation.com/display/DOC80/Ignition+8+Upgrade+Guide

1 Like

Please take a backup and open a support ticket. The backup may be useful for us to track this down.

1 Like

@Kevin.Herron

Ticket #106329